Saturday, September 20, 2008

KREF Prevents Rowland from Pursuing Job with Team


Toby Rowland, sports anchor for KWTV and morning radio host on KREF, is not being let out of his contract with KREF in order to accept the position of sideline reporter for the OKC Thunder, according to the Oklahoman.

What a cowardly thing to do by KREF. Yeah, he's the only reason anyone listens to this station. Still, how can you hold someone back from an oppurtunity like this?!?! According to Rowland, "One of the things I've been most disappointed in is I have been approached on more than one occasion over the past few years by other radio stations with more lucrative offers. I have turned them away because of a sense of loyalty to The Ref. They were the one that gave me my first show. It's dissapointing that they wouldn't kind of give back the kindness here."

It's a shame that things have to develop this way. Sideline reporter would be a great oppurtunity for Toby and I'm sure he would have done a great job with it. Now he's screwed to being the best host on the third best sports talk station in the area.

No comments: