Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Now introducing.... me!

The guys here at Blue Blitz have been gracious enough to extend me a spot here to help contribute to making this the premier blog for all things Thunder basketball.

Just to let you know who I am and what I'm about. My name is Royce and I'm a senior at the University of Oklahoma and I'm about to get my degree in journalism. I've written for the Oklahoma Daily, OU's student newspaper and one of the best ones in the country, for the last three years. I've covered the 2007-08 Sooner football team and many other sports around campus - enough to where I've got some 225 clips. I wrote a weekly sports column for the last few years and also a "Campus Watch" column for thesportingnews.com.

I "retired" from the Daily and after spending about two months not writing about sports and letting everyone hear my opinion, I needed an outlet. Or I was going to explode. So thankfully, this blog thing is going and even if the only person reading what I write is my mom, it's worth it.

So anyway, I'll be contributing my very best material here to Blue Blitz, bringing you hundreds of zingers and hilarious Thunder basketball anecdotes. If you're reading one of my columns and you think to yourself, This guy's ripping off Bill Simmons - I probably am. I only wish I could write with that kind of ability.

I'm going to be publishing ALL of my columns at another blog - one that encompasses the entire Oklahoma sports scene - tentatively called The Daily 405 (you have no idea how hard it is to come up with a decent blog name until you try is. Makes you appreciate the good ones like With Leather and Kissing Suzy Kolber). It will have more than just Thunder ball there. But those columns will be there too. It's a work in progress and we'll see how much time I have, so bear with me.

I'll be writing previews, post gamers and a bunch of other stuff. So go ahead and subscribe to this blog and tell all your friends, because if you love the Thunder, this will be the place to be.