Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Off-Topic, But I Feel it Must Be Mentioned....


Atma Brother One has left the blogosphere.

I know this means nothing to virtually all of you, but this is the guy who introduced me to the blogosphere, and, quite frankly, inspired me to start blogging. His last post is one of his best, and I hope you take the time to look.

My Comment to him:

You know, I’ll always miss Atma playing hardball on the Warriors. Whereas some guys will always say things are great and praise every move, when Atma sees something wrong, he tells you. He gets a LOT of flak, but you’ve gotta respect a man who does things like that. The era really did end with Baron leaving and Monta injury. Some of the guys are still there, but you just can’t have it without Jason Richardson, and the demi-god Adonal Foyle.

This blog was the first sports blog I ever went to, and I still try to visit every day. Atma has worked consistently to make this place fun to be at. He’s endured a lot of hard times, and had a lot of good times. Man, is it hard for me to see him go.

But I could only see this coming. Keeping up a blog is a lot of work, and he wasn’t just keeping up a blog, he was building a community. He consistently said that when this stopped being fun, he would leave. I think that time has finally come, what with the dark days of the Warriors re-emerging and lots of nasty comments.

Well, it’s been a long ride Atma. I respect what you’ve done, thank you for all the help you’ve given me over the years, and wish you luck in the future.